Sunday, March 27, 2016

Anomalisa

Movie: Anomalisa
When: 7:15 PM, Saturday, March 26
Who With: JL
Movie Count: 23
Snacks: Popcorn with our go-to spice blend: Masala, Garlic, Nutritional Yeast

Reaction: This is a heavy movie. I feel like I can't say too much or I'll ruin it. It took us a few minutes to understand the main character's world, which I'd like to think was intentional. David's phone call home from the hotel was the trippiest but gets you on board. He's not the stablest person, but that seems like a lot to ask from anyone who often travels for work. There's a lot going on here and his speech at the end may hold all the secrets to the universe but I'll have to give it another listen to be sure.

Recommendation: Let’s Go! | Let it come to you  | Let it pass
Next Up: Boy and the World

No comments:

Post a Comment