Thursday, January 21, 2016

Carol

Saw this movie about 1950 lesbians
with a bunch of 2016 lesbians.
Movie: Carol
When: Saturday, January 16, 2016
Who With: JL, MF, KP, JC, AC
YTD Movie Count: 6
Snacks: We met up at the Bridge before the show. I’ve had a goal to go off-pizza here for a while. They have a pretty robust menu but those slices greet you so welcomingly I’ve struggled to succeed. Not this night! The chilly weather made Thai Chicken soup the perfect substitute and the speediness between order and eating is sure to pave the way toward other non-pizza options. The soup went nicely with bites of JL’s cheese slice and the
Ubuntu Robust Porter on tap from Imagine Nation Brewery.
Then we went to town on using the perks included with our movie membership. We got everybody in for free using guest passes. JL and I shared a requisite popcorn bowl with nutritional yeast and masala spice (very tasty) and these fools kept getting us Cold Smokes. Everybody wins in the friend department.

Reaction: I liked it! There was a weighted intensity to the story that some (JL) might interpret as sloooow. And there’s probably a scene or two that could have been cut, but I enjoyed a feeling of watching the story unfold on the outside. I’ve always said my favorite part of any movie is before anything really happens. To a certain extent, that’s this whole movie. So, I’m not sure that’s a super convincing argument to go see this but it is in the running for WhiteOscars and Rooney Mara is Audrey Hepburn, so that’s a fun facet added in.

Recommendation: Let’s Go! | Let it come to you  | Let it pass
Next Up: The Big Sleep (Also anxiously waiting to learning whether all my Roxy links will break when we move on to the February movies…)

No comments:

Post a Comment