Friday, January 22, 2016

The Big Sleep

…Snooooooze…
When: Sunday, January 17, 2016
Movie: The Big Sleep
Who With: JL
Movie Count: 7
Snacks: Popcorn bowl and Double Haul IPA

Reaction: Talk about a big sleep. It’s a terrible line, too easy, and I’m not proud of it, but if I hadn’t napped during this movie I wouldn’t have use it. Promise.

Anyway, it’s always fun to see a classic on the big screen. Lauren Bacall has never been younger and Humphrey Bogart now reminds me of my at-work lawyer. This kind of movie, it’s a hard one for me to maintain the story line. My mind is all “What’s happening now?” “Who this guy?” “Oh, those are two different people.” “Why are we mad at her?” You throw a nap in there, you may as well throw the whole plot out the window. But it’s a fun flick that’s not hurting anyone, if you can ignore some ridiculous sexism in a bookstore (Humphrey: “You don’t really need those, now do you?” Lady Bookstore Clerk: let’s down her hair and takes off her glasses [awesome glasses that appear to just rest on her nose without the earpiece stick things—they’re called pince-nez, you guys!]).

Recommendation: Let’s Go! | Let it come to you  | Let it pass
Next Up: Possibly Miller’s Crossing tonight; definitely The Baby on Saturday (with live heckling
comedians, whaaa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment